These human body quiz questions are divided into three different rounds. Have fun! Also, you might also like our medical quiz.
Human Body Quiz Questions
1. Which two bones make up the lower arm, between the elbow and wrist?
2. What are the three types of muscles?
3. What is the fluid that protects joints, as most joints are comprised of two imperfectly connected bones?
4. Where is the muscle called the trapezius found?
5. What are the three types of vertebrae?
6. What are the small bones found in both the feet and the hands?
7. Folic acid, used in the body to promote cell division and create red blood cells, is part of which vitamin group?
8. Where in the body are the corticosteroids that provide the body’s natural anti-inflammatories produced?
9. What are the four basic types of tissue in animals?
10. What would an Ishihara test hope to establish?
Human Body Quiz Questions: Round 2
11. In what part of the body are the human vocal cords found?
12. What was the significance of the finding of simian bones in a cave near Dusseldorf in 1856?
13. What part of the body has a protective layer called the sclera?
14. What are the four types of teeth in a human mouth?
15. What could a woman not do without a Fallopian tube?
16. What is the fluid that surrounds, bathes and nitrifies cells in the body? And what carries an excess of it around the body and feeds it back into the blood supply?
17. Which would provide the most protein per 100g: roast chicken, grilled bacon or tinned tuna?
18. What is the term applied when an organ protrudes through the protective cavity around it, often causing discomfort or pain?
19. What part of the body has four parts: ascending, descending, transverse and sigmoid?
20. What is the longest (and widest) nerve in the human body, running from the lower back through the buttock into the legs?
Human Body Questions: Round 3
21. Which side of the heart serves the lungs with blood? What is the main vessel carrying blood from the heart to the lungs?
22. What are the conducting cells in the nervous system?
23. Where in the human body can you find the parietal and lacrimal bones?
24. What are the two bones at the vulnerable base of the spine?
25. What are the bones that form the jaw?
26. How many pairs of ribs are there in the human skeleton? How many of these are described as ‘floating’?
27. Where in the human body would you find an aortic arch, a tricuspid valve and interventricular septum?
28. The surface area of the average pair of adult human lungs would cover (a) a couple of tennis courts, (b) the football pitch at Wembley, (c) the grounds of Buckingham Palace?
29. What separates the thoracic and abdominal cavities?
30. What is the largest muscle in the human body?
31. What can’t you do if your cochlea malfunctions?
32. Where in the human body is the vas deferens and what does it carry?
33. What accounts for about 55 per cent of the volume of blood in the body?
34. Where is the plantar fascia?
35. Which contains most fat, assuming equal weight: avocado, poached salmon or chickpeas?