These TV quiz questions and answers are divided into six rounds of ten questions each. You can find the correct answers at the end of each round. Have fun!
60 Tv Quiz Questions and Answers: Round 1
1. Which Game for a Laugh presenters had the same surname?
2. Who was the subject of The Naked Civil Servant with John Hurt?
3. Which sitcom told of Tooting revolutionary Wolfie?
4. Who found fame as The Saint?
5. Who played Louie de Palma in Taxi?
6. Which spaghetti western star played in Rawhide for fix years?
7. Who conducted Eric Morecambe playing Grieg’s Piano Concerto?
8. Which reporter found fame during her reporting of the Iranian Embassy siege in 1980?
9. In which weekly drama slot was Cathy Come Home first shown?
10. Which star of The Likely Lads starred in New Tricks with Alun Armstrong?
Round 1 Answers
1. Matthew & Henry Kelly
2. Quentin Crisp
3. Citizen Smith
4. Roger Moore
5. Danny De Vito
6. Clint Eastwood
7. André Previn
8. Kate Adie
9. The Wednesday Play
10. James Bolam
TV Questions: Round 2
11. Who was the main character on The Phil Silvers Show?
12. Who became Mrs Clayton Farlow in Dallas?
13. Which series looked back at film clips 25 years old?
14. How were Bruce Wayne and Dick Grayson better known?
15. Which “Carry On” regular was the star of Bless this House?
16. Who was “lower class” on The Frost Report after John Cleese and Ronnie Barker?
17. Which soap was originally called The Midland Road?
18. Which famous singer/actor’s daughter shot JR?
19. Which TV veteran narrated Planet Earth?
20. What was the surname of Morticia and Gomez?
Round 2 Answers
12. Miss Ellie
13. All Our Yesterdays
14. Batman and Robin
15. Sid James
16. Ronnie Corbett
18. Bing Crosby’s (Mary)
19. David Attenborough
TV and Film Quiz Questions: Round 3
21. Which area of the country received TV after the area of London in 1949?
22. In which sitcom did Richard Beckinsale play Alan Moore?
23. Which series told of the bizarre life of the Clampett family?
24. Which comedian played Colin in Colin’s Sandwich?
25. Which show has numbered David Jacobs, Noel Edmonds and Rosemarie Ford among its presenters?
26. What was the BBC’s first soap of the 60s?
27. Which actor played the part of Uncle Albert in Only Fools and Horses?
28. The controversial Death of a Princess caused a rift with which country in 1980?
29. Who had a long-running TV show before starring in Mary Poppins?
30. Who is the only Corrie star remaining from the original cast?
Round 3 answers
22. Rising Damp
23. The Beverly Hillbillies
24. Mel Smith
25. Come Dancing
27. Buster Merryfield
28. Saudi Arabia
29. Dick Van Dyke
30. William Roache
31. What is the name of Peppa Pig’s younger brother?
32. What sort of Hunters with Sean Kelly started in the US and made a UK version?
33. Which Nick Berry series was set in the west country?
34. Which drink did Paul Daniels and Debbie McGee advertise singing off-key around a piano?
35. What is Betty’s culinary speciality in Coronation Street?
36. Who played writer Peter Mayle in the ill-fated series A Year in Provence?
37. Who guest-anchored Loose Women between September 2010 and June 2011?
38. Zoe Wanamaker and Robert Lindsay starred in which domestic comedy?
39. In which comedy about relationships did Jack Davenport play Steve while Gina Bellman played Jane?
40. Singer Adam Rickitt found fame in which soap?
Round 4 Answers
32. Storage Hunters
33. Harbour Lights
35. Hot pot
36. John Thaw
37. Cilla Black
38. My Family
40. Coronation Street
41. In Countdown, how many people occupy Dictionary Corner?
42. How long do the cooks have to cook their team members’ ingredients in Ready Steady Cook?
43. Which ex-Coronation Street actress played 1970s TV star, Coral Atkins, in Seeing Red?
44. In 2001 what momentous new purchase did Deirdre make in Coronation Street?
45. In Bargain Hunt, what sort of bargains are being hunted?
46. Which “The O.C.” character, played by Micha Baron, was killed off in series three?
47. What is the postcode of Albert Square, Walford?
48. On which show did Hear’Say shoot to stardom?
49. In Coronation Street, which character killed Charlie Stubbs?
50. In which series would the Skelthwaite Arms feature?
Round 5 Answers
42. 20 minutes
43. Sarah Lancashire
46. Marissa Cooper
49. Tracy Barlow
50. Where the Heart is
51. Which Tony played the Sheriff in Maid Marian and Her Merry Men?
52. Which comedy show was famous for its “Fork handles” sketch?
53. What was the name of Keith Harri’s duck?
54. Which Rainbow character was pink?
55. Who first hosted A Question of TV?
56. Who was the first presenter of Changing Rooms?
57. Which comedy show was famous for its “Dead Parrot” sketch?
58. How many contestants start out on the original, BBC2 version, of The Weakest Link?
59. Who won the “Best Actor – Drama” award at the 2015 Golden Globes?
60. Who first presented the interactive travel series Holiday: You Call the Shots?
Round 6 Answers
52. The Two Ronnies
55. Gaby Roslin
56. Carol Smillie
57. Monty Python
59. Eddie Redmayne
60. Jamie Theakston