Do you know your Christmas food?
Test your knowledge on these Christmas food quiz questions and answers. From popular meals to vegetarian alternatives and traditions, we’ll see how much you really know about the festive feast.
You can also challenge your friends to see who comes out on top. There’s nothing like a bit of friendly competition at Christmas time.
Are you ready?
Keep scrolling below.
Popular Christmas Meals and Food Items
1. What is a typical pie you have for Christmas?
2. You can combine sprouts and bacon for a mouthwatering Christmas treat. But how many varieties of sprouts are there?
3. What is the traditional meat course for Christmas dinner?
4. What was the traditional Christmas dinner in England before turkey?
5. What is the rich sweet bread Christmas speciality in Lyon?
6. What sauce do you typically have on your Christmas pudding?
7. What sweet biscuits do children typically leave Santa?
8. What is a traditional food item made from bacon-covered sausages?
9. What are pigs in blankets called in Scotland?
10. With what flower buds do you decorate a Christmas Ham Joint?
Related: 40 Christmas Music Quiz Questions
Vegetarian Meals, Sweets, and Drinks
1. What is the vegetarian alternative to the Christmas turkey dinner?
2. What is Panettone?
3. What is the famous red and white Christmas candy?
4. Which fruit is traditionally put inside a Christmas stocking?
5. You leave gingerbread cookies for Santa, but what do you leave for his reindeers?
6. Where do you put Choux pastry?
7. What is mulled wine?
8. Eggnog is made of eggs, cream, sugar and what?
9. What leftover veggie meal will you have on Boxing Day?
10. What can you swap beef with in Beef Wellington?
Christmas Food in Movies, Songs, and Books
1. What’s “roasting on an open fire” in The Christmas Song?
2. What type of pudding does Mrs Cratchit serve in A Christmas Carol?
3. Who fights over hickory honey ham in Christmas with the Kranks?
4. Who bought a big turkey for the Cratchit family on Christmas Day in A Christmas Carol?
5. In what carol is figgy pudding featured?
6. The Grinch stole the last can of what when he plundered the Who feast?
7. What kind of pizza did Kevin McAllister order in Home Alone?
8. What sweetest treats are mentioned in the carol Fum, Fum, Fum?
9. What fruit does Joseph refuse to give Mary in The Cherry Tree Carol?
10. What type of pudding is mentioned in Harry Potter and the Philosopher’s Stone by JK Rowling?
1. If you want to avoid bad luck throughout the following year, in what direction should you mix the Christmas pudding?
2. What type of Christmas cookie did English women eat if they wanted to be wed in the days of yore?
3. In the Victorian era, what was the Goose Club?
4. King George the First was called the “Pudding King” because he loved what type of Christmas pudding?
5. If you want good luck the following year, what type of pie should you eat on the twelfth day of Christmas?
6. Inside what Christmas food item do you hide a joke?
7. When is the Royal Christmas Message broadcast in the UK?
8. What national day is celebrated in the USA on December 24th?
9. What edible decorations do people typically hang on Christmas trees?
10. What food item do you traditionally hide a sixpence silver coin in?